The North Carolina Green Party (NCGP) needs a new logo!
Our Coordinating Committee is inviting designers and artists to submit designs, to be considered by the NCGP membership at our Spring Gathering later this year. Submissions should be in PDF or JPEG format and should be accompanied by a brief narrative explaining the artist’s intent. Finished artwork or comprehensive rough sketches will be accepted. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- The design should be equally readable in color and black and white.
- Simplicity and a contemporary look are greatly appreciated.
- Designs should reference North Carolina in some way, but an outline of the state might be a little too literal.
- Designs should be compatible with Green Party symbolism and graphic style around the country and the world without directly borrowing from another party. Other state party websites can be accessed via the Green Party of the United States website at www.gp.org/state_parties. The national party’s brand guidelines can be found at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9E3kKzawd6bcElFSzRiejlTdDg.
- Your design may follow the national party brand guidelines, borrow from them, or disregard them and go in a new direction.
You can view our (soon-to-be) former logo at the top of the NCGP homepage at www.ncgreenparty.org. Designers should craft a logo that’s different from that one.
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2018. Entrants should be NCGP members or supporters who reside in North Carolina.
The NCGP Coordinating Committee will select the finalists and present their designs at our Spring Gathering. The NCGP will reward the author of the winning design with a modest stipend to develop finished artwork and adapt it for print, web, and display.
Thank you, and good luck!
North Carolina Green Party
245 A Cedar Lake Rd
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Google map and directions